Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Linda Had a Good Mother’s Day

For those of you who haven't yet done so, check out this page. It gives background on Linda, Matthew, and Melissa (not their real names). I asked Linda about her Mother's Day, and she gave me permission to post our chat.

So how was your Mother’s Day?

Linda: It was quite a celebration, actually. ;-)


How does that work for all of you, exactly? You don’t have the greeting card Mother’s Day situation going on.

Linda: As much as I had wanted to, I know I didn’t raise them. They don't call me Mom. But I did give them life and I’ll gladly accept credit for that. It has been so nice getting to know them as adults and seeing the people they’ve become. They want to acknowledge me on Mother’s Day, and I’m not going to turn that down. I’ve encouraged them to also show their appreciation and respect for the people who’ve raised them, including for Father’s Day, birthdays, and holidays. Mother’s Day is no different.


What did Matthew and Melissa do for you to mark the day?

Linda: There was a greeting card! They just made it themselves. It was a great day. They insisted I sleep in, then brought me breakfast in bed with the card they created together, along with a couple of presents. They wouldn’t let me lift a finger around the house all day. And they didn’t leave any of it for me to do on Monday.


Sounds like a regular Mother's Day. That doesn’t sound atypical at all.

Linda: Well, no, but there’s much more. They have such busy lives and we were apart for so many years that the best thing they could give me was simply time together. So we went for a bit of a hike and enjoyed a picnic they had put together for lunch.

Once we got back home, they drew me a bath. Then they had a professional masseuse come in and give me this really great massage, just incredibly relaxing.

For dinner, they had my favorite delivered.


And…?

Linda: Yes. Well, you know us. They finished off the day by having me get ready for bed early and then just making it all about me. They wanted me just to relax and let them do everything.


Is it getting mundane or old at all?

Linda: No. No. No! Did I write “no?” NO! It’s like we’re falling in love more and more as time goes by, and I didn’t think we could love each other more than we did. But here I am, more in love with them than ever.


What about the attraction?

Linda: Stronger than ever.


So it remains passionate?

Linda: Yes, it is very passionate. I mean, there are times we’re just playing around, but other times when it is just so intense, and it is such a strong love. It’s hard to describe. I’m attracted to them both in more than one way. Emotionally... and the physical attraction is intense, but there are all of the other levels, too. I’ve had intense relationships before, but this is just on this other plane. It’s a marriage of soul mates. I don’t know how else to describe it.


And it would be nice if you didn’t have to hide it from anyone?

Linda: It hurts, but it is the only way we can be together. I can’t see coming out publicly yet. Not us. In our home, we have our sanctuary. But out of the home, online, we are very guarded, as you know.


Change would be good.

Linda: Yes, it would. If more people could see how we love and care for each other, I don’t see how they could deny us equality.


Where are Matthew and Melissa right now?

Linda: Out doing their things. Like I said, they keep busy.


Give them a hug when they get in.

Linda: You know I will!


Thanks, Linda. Perhaps more people will see and value the love you share.
— — —

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.