Translate

Saturday, March 10, 2012

GSA Couple Back in the News

GSA couple Danielle Heaney and Nick Cameron have been in the news again, but I'm not sure the new coverage, out of Nigeria, has new information. The sensational headline read, "Incest! How Brother And Sister Fell In Love And Had Sex!"

The article begins by talking about what a lovely and loving couple they are.

What makes this scene so disturbing, however, is the fact that Danielle and Nick are half brother and sister.

That is only "disturbing" to prejudices that should be done away with.

“The only way to explain it is to say that the day I met Nick, I felt I had finally met my soul-mate. Everything clicked. I would marry him if I could.”

They should have the freedom to marry.

Nick says...

“All I know is that for the first time in my life, I feel I belong. I should feel ashamed of it, but I don’t.”

It is ridiculous that they are denied not on the freedom to marry, but to love each other in all senses of the word.

“Legally we can still kiss, still hold hands, still carry on together, we just can’t have intercourse.”

Short of installing a CCTV camera in their home to ensure no law is broken again, we shall just have to take their word for it.

That's one reason it is ridiculous to criminalize sex between consenting adults.

According to research, first published in the British Medical Journal in 1995, by Dr Maurice Greenberg and Professor Roland Littlewood, 50 per cent of people seeking post-adoption counselling “experienced strong sexual feelings in reunions” with their real family.

A real family is the one that raised you with love. A better term is bio or genetic family.

“People may be disgusted by what we have done. People may say we are morally wrong and should have stayed away from each other, but we don’t want to. I can’t imagine life without Nick now.”

An adult should be free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with any consenting adults, without prosecution, persecution, or discrimination.
— — —

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.