Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reunited and It Feels So Good

Every once in a while, I find a question asked at Yahoo Answers that appears to be referring to Genetic Sexual Attraction, such as this one by kinkajuu, asked in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered area...

Whats wrong with incest?
i am a 23 yr old man, and i love my twin brother
the only reason incest is considered wrong, is genetic mutations from brother and sisters reproducing
It's not the only reason people give, but it is one of the most common Discredited Arguments.

since we are gay, and love eachother, we cannot have children. so the only problem is gone.
so why is it viewed as wrong!?

we were seperated at birth, when we were 23, 6 months ago, we met and fell in love with eachother
we live in a state where gay marriage is legal.
Later, he added...
he and i were seperated at birth, for 23 years
our mother and father were killed in a car accident, we somehow were seperated though.
we met when my brother was in jail for a few days, a cop saw me and arrested me too, thinking i was him and had broken out.
Quite a story. If it is true, it could very well be a case of Genetic Sexual Attraction.


While it is great that their state has the limited same-gender freedom to marry, it is limited. The state would not recognize their marriage (and might even prosecute them for having sex with each other) if the authorities knew their genetic relationship, which is usually quite obvious if they are identical twins.

Among the answers was this one from Some guy...

I obviously never met you before so I don't actually think this but, my immediate thought is this : if you're attracted to someone who either closely or exactly resembles you, doesn't that imply a form of self admiration on an unusual level?

Studies have shown that most people are attracted to people who look like them.

blobby...
I think that you have mistaken this love you have for your brother as love between partners. because you have not seen eachother in a very long time, you feel and instant connection when you finnaly meet. to be completley honest i do not think you love him in the way you think you do, esppecially if you have no other siblings to compare the different feelings of love to.

It is too bad there isn't more understanding of the reality of Genetic Sexual Attraction.

There is nothing wrong with consenting adults sharing love, sex, residence, or marriage. None of the answers I saw effectively explained why this man or anyone else in that position should be denied their rights. Some where somewhat supportive, thankfully.
— — —

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.