Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Congratulations Again to Bobbi Kristina Brown and Nick Gordon

The couple has confirmed their love and engagement and have stood up for themselves. For earlier coverage see here. They're all over the entertainment news again. For example, there's this headline from ninemsm.com.au "Whitney's daughter Bobbi Kristina confirms engagement to her 'brother'."
Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon
Bobbi Kristina Brown, the only child of the late Whitney Houston, has confirmed she is engaged - to a man she grew up with under the same roof as a child. Whitney took Nick Gordon under her care over a decade ago after learning his birth mother was no longer able to care for him, and raised him alongside Bobbi Kristina "like a son".

 Isn't it great that they are happy together and that they already knew each other?
"I'm tired of hearing people say 'Eww you're engaged to your brother' or 'If Whitney was still alive would we be together' or 'Would she approve of this.'

"Let me clear up something, we aren't even real brother and sister nor is he my adoptive brother. My mom never adopted him.

"In fact, mommy was the one who even said she knew that we were going to start dating."

It is terrible that people are giving her trouble about this and invoking her mother. Hasn't this young woman suffered enough? Why begrudge her happiness?




"People need to seriously stop judging my relationship. Pretty sure it's my own decision who I want to be with," she continued.

"Yes, my relationship may not be perfect. We will have rough patches, just like every other relationship. And we have had our rough patches.

"You may or may not agree with my relationship. You may or may not respect it. Judge me, go ahead. Your opinions are yours and mine are mine.

"It is my life and not yours. The decisions I make have nothing to do with you. Goodnight."

Thank you! Let consenting adults have the relationships they want. Some of the "news" sites are leading off the coverage by flat-out calling him her brother. What if he was? So what? There's some really lousy coverage out there. See for example, what Kristine Francis at celebritydirtylaundry.com, in a piece headlined "Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina is Marrying Her Brother – Incestuous and Dangerous?"

Dangerous? Really?

Usually we could congratulate those lucky couples who are getting hitched but we can’t now. It’s merely too weird for us.

You cover celebrities and THIS is too weird for you? That two people love each other?!?
There is a reason why incest is band, a lot of people just can’t stomach it.

And that reason is...? Is....? She never says. We know. But this is not incest anyway. Not biologically, not legally, and whether it is socially can be disputed. By the way, it isn't "band" everywhere. There are some US states and many countries where it isn't, and these two can legally marry anywhere.

The only saving grace is that her fiance, Nick Gordan, was more her foster brother than any biological relative but still he was raised as her brother for over a decade.
So what is the cutoff for bigots like these? If someone boards in your house for four years while at university, does that make them off limits? What about someone who is an exchange student?
Whitney even referred to him as her son.

So what??? I've heard in-laws and potential in-laws do that many times.


How do I say this kindly, I vomited a little.

I see. Hmm, I wonder if everyone approves of Francis' love life... that is, if she has one? She goes on to attempt to psychoanalyze Bobbi Kristina and call Nick an opportunist. Oh, and she uses "short-lived" to describe their television show, because I'm sure Francis has a starring role in long-running show.

People really need to get over it. There's enough hate in this world. Cheer, don't boo, when someone finds love.
— — —

1 comment:

  1. It's really annoying, people treat all forms of love as if they should be separate. Friends can be like family, family can be like lovers, lovers can be like friends. People should get over it. So what, these two were raised "like family" They still love each other "like family" they just love each other in an additional way.

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.